Wrighty's Reads

The Tales Of Beedle the Bard

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K. Rowling THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J.K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore.This book has 5 stories that are the equivalent to fairy tales for we Muggles (humans). They have the common factor that good usually overcomes bad but in fairy tales magic tends to be the cause of the hero's or heroine's trouble. In Beedle's tales the heroes and heroines can often perform their own magic but it's not always the cure to their problems. But those who triumph are the ones who demonstrate the most common sense, kindness and ingenuity.With each story is commentary from Professor Dumbledore, Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardary, that gives insight into Wizarding history. Footnotes are also added by the author, J.K. Rowling, to explain terms or facts to the Muggle readers. She has also done her own pen and ink illustrations throughout the book. Funds generated from the sale of this book will go to a charity developed by J.K. Rowling in 2005. CHLG (Children's High Level Group) charity was formed to help children left to large residential institutions and prevent it from happening anymore.Whether you enjoyed the Harry Potter series or not (I loved it) I don't know how anyone wouldn't be impressed with the talent of this author. She has created a whole world in these books in such rich and interesting detail. I am still fascinated by her vivid imagination and so very grateful that she decided to share it with the world. She created these stories as part of Harry's world. She mentioned this book in the series and then later went on to actually write all of the stories and put them together to form the actual book. They read very much like fairy tales and are truly believable as tales passed on from generation to generation.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card