Wrighty's Reads

Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)adventures of Waverly Bryson

Perfect on Paper: The (MIS)Adventures of Waverly Bryson - Maria Murnane Waverly Bryson is newly single again. Her fiance left her at the altar, almost. Two weeks before their wedding he decided to call it off. "I don't think I love you anymore." Ouch. And he did it while she was trying on her wedding gown. Her "perfect" life came crashing down. After a year of social hibernation Waverly is trying to regain her footing in the dating world. Her supportive friends are trying to help but it never seems to work out right. It's one bad date after another. Her job in sports PR in San Francisco is not the career of her dreams. She has a new idea for her own line of greeting cards but could it work? Her family life is strained as well. The only time she hears from her father is when he needs money. Since he gave up his dream of being a baseball player to raise his only child after her mother died she can't escape the guilt. Or his open hand. To top it off, Aaron her ex, is getting married to a partner at his firm. And it's only been a year!Chick lit fans will especially adore this book as I did. The characters were so interesting, I wanted to hang out with her friends and slap her dates. While Waverly is attempting to reorganize her life and accomplish her dreams she has to overcome her obstacles and fortunately all of this happens in a humorous way. When I laughed out loud I was hooked. And I am ready for the sequel!

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card