Wrighty's Reads

If I Stay

If I Stay - Mia is a seventeen-year-old with a lifetime of decisions ahead of her. Her most important choice now is about her music and her future. She is a gifted cellist with a chance to attend Julliard. But Mia lives in Portland with her wonderful family and boyfriend Adam. A family she often wondered if she was really a part of. Her parents and their friends are outgoing and enjoy rock 'n roll. Adam is a member of an up and coming rock band and even her little brother Teddy has a talent for the drums. Mia is quiet and unsure of herself but the common bond in her family is a love of music no matter what the type. And they are very happy, laugh often and love each other dearly.In the opening pages a terrible car accident changes everything that Mia has ever known. Now all of those important decisions seem meaningless. She really only has one all encompassing, life altering decision left to make. Should she stay or should she go?I won't go into anymore of the specifics of the story because it's better experienced by the reader. At approximately 200 pages every word is important. Mia tells her background in heartfelt and humorous flashbacks. The characters are well developed, interesting and lovable. It is so easy to be pulled into the story and invest yourself and your emotions.Gayle Forman's new novel may be a heart-breaking story but it is handled with a delicate and sensitive hand. While very emotional it's never sappy or cliche. I highly recommend this to readers of all ages. It's a story you won't be likely to forget. I look forward to whatever comes next for this talented author.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card