Wrighty's Reads

Words Unspoken

Words Unspoken - Elizabeth Musser Although this book is centered around Lissa's character there are many stories intertwined with her's. She is trying to move on with her life after the accident that killed her mother but she isn't sure how to do that. When she starts her driving lessons she meets a kind man who is struggling to deal with issues of his own. More characters are introduced early on and seem unconnected at first. Their stories are gradually developed and each has interesting conflicts. They all are affected by their relationship, or lack of it, with God.I didn't realize that this was Christian fiction until I started reading it. Although that is not a genre I would normally chose it wouldn't prevent from reading it if I am interested in the story. I did enjoy this book but from the description I didn't expect Lissa to play such a small part. While there were many characters that took time to develop I did like how the author eventually brought the storylines together. At times I was frustrated with their behavior but I did become involved with them. The common element was their inner conflict, the words unspoken. While searching for resolution they turned to their Christian faith. The bible passages weren't my preference but they were relevant to the story and didn't detract from my reading. This was an interesting story about despair, hope and faith.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card