Wrighty's Reads

Attack of the Ninja Frogs (Dragonbreath Series #2)

Dragonbreath #2: Attack of the Ninja Frogs - Ursula Vernon This book got my attention because my nephews are five and ten years-old and love to read. Although this is just the book for them, I enjoyed it too! Danny is a typical boy with a vivid imagination, a love of kung fu movies and he happens to be a dragon. When his best friend Wendall falls for the new girl Suki, Danny is more than a little annoyed. But she's not like the other girls and when an attempt is made by ninja frogs to kidnap her Danny and Wendall jump into action.Whimsical cartoons fill this adventurous chapter book and are on almost every page. I liked the combination of text and comic book style illustrations and found it very entertaining. It certainly holds your attention as it's an important part of the story. The humorous situations at home, school and on their adventure appeal to adults as well as children, especially boys. It's been (more than) a few years since I've had to deal with cooties, protractors and writing on bathroom walls but it still made me grin. I also got quite a ninja education! This was a clever story with adorable characters and I look forward to the next book coming soon in this series Dragonbreath: Curse of the Were-Weiner.Thank you to Dial Books for providing an ARC for review.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card