Wrighty's Reads

Run for Your Life (Michael Bennett Series #2)

Run for your life - James Patterson Patterson books always seem to be quick reads with plenty of action and this one was no exception. Detective Mike Bennett and his family of ten children are back from the previous book Step On a Crack. This time he is battling a house full of sick children and a maniac lose in N.Y. City. The Teacher has set his plan into motion and is on a killing spree, hunting down rude, obnoxious people who need to be taught a lesson. He is intelligent and fearless with no plans to stop. Mike has recently lost his wife and is struggling to care for his family and maintain a career. Now he is under even more pressure to catch a killer and time is running out.The pages flew by and it was an easy read. I liked Mike as the main character and enjoyed the chapters that included his family and personal life. His children kept him busy yet grounded and helped him through the loss of his wife. I didn't care for The Teacher but he did provide action. His story wasn't believable and the ending was far-fetched but it was suspenseful. I don't seem to enjoy Patterson books as much as I use to but I still find them entertaining and probably will continue to follow this series.I also got the audio version from the library so I could listen to it while I was driving. It was well done and the characters came to life. I liked switching back and forth between reading and listening and it was very convenient.Thank you to Hatchette Books for a copy of this book.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card