Wrighty's Reads

Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine Series #1)

Truly, Madly - Heather Webber Meet Lucy Valentine; sassy, fabulously original…and psychic. Lucy hails from a long line of matchmakers known as Valentine INC. According to family legend, the Valentines have been blessed by Cupid with the ability to help couples find true love. Trouble is Lucy’s powers were zapped away by an electrical surge and now all she can find are lost objects. But what good is that in the matchmaking world? Lucy is about to find out when she tries to solve a murder and winds up falling into a romance of her own.I thought I had posted this months ago but apparently I never did. What a bad way to treat a good book! This was an easy read that I really enjoyed. It has a nice mix of romance, mystery and humor with a twist of paranormal added to the mix.This is the first book in a new series about matchmaker and psychic Lucy Valentine. The story is interesting but unpredictable and unfolds at a steady pace. A murder adds suspense and also brings a new man and adventure into Lucy's life. The characters are quirky, fun and have great chemistry. I truly enjoyed reading their story and look forward to more. This may have a Valentine's Day theme but it's great for any time of the year. It's the perfect book to take to the beach!Thank you to Goodreads First Reads and LibraryThing Early Reviewers for an ARC of this book.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card