Wrighty's Reads

Imaginary Girls

Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma I was impressed with the author's writing style for this book but it wasn't an easy read for me. I started and stopped it a few times because I wasn't paying enough attention to the details, and there were a lot of them. Chloe is a young girl who looks up to her popular, wild, older sister Ruby. When they are involved in finding the body of a classmate, Ruby is seen as a bad influence and Chloe is taken to live with her father. The girls are haunted by the death, by their loneliness and by the mysterious stories of their town and it's reservoir. But the stories aren't what they seem and it's unclear what's truth and what's imagination. Although the words were often lyrical they were also confusing. I enjoy a good mystery but I also like it to come together and give me answers. This was up to the reader to draw their own conclusions. I wasn't crazy about this book in particular but I do look forward to more from this author.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card