Wrighty's Reads

Wicked Game

Wicked Game - Jeri Smith-Ready Ciara Griffin is a former con artist who takes a job at a small radio station as an intern. The late night format features different eras in rock and roll with DJ to match. Her first impression is that the DJs are in character but actually they each represent a time period because they are vampires that are stuck. That was the time when they were each turned and the station provides them with a home. Ciara decides to stay on and help when a buyout threat comes from a large corporation that would mean the end of the vamps. She comes up with a campaign that would bring the vampires into the public eye without revealing the truth giving the station more attention and listeners. Someone is not happy with this attention and the potential for their secrets to come out and everyones' lives are now threatened in a different way. I love the idea for this book, how it ties in rock and roll and vampires. I did want to know more about all of these characters and their pasts.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card