Wrighty's Reads

Cows Can't Quack

Cows Can't Quack - Dave Reisman, Jason A. Maas Last year Cows Can't Jump (my review) came in the mail and we read it right away. My favorite three year-old thought it was fun and silly and so did I! We recently received Cows Can't Quack and the grand-kiddos declared it a success too! Author Dave Reisman and illustrator Jason A. Maas did it again with another charming book that's suitable for any age.Each page describes what a different animal can and can't do with colorful paintings depicting the comical critters in action. Cows can't quack...but they can moo. As we were reading those lines and others we took great delight in making the animal noises and laughing at their silly antics. Even with simple text it incited conversation. When harder words like bleat and bray were used my favorite four year-old (she had a birthday!) didn't always know their meaning. But after discussing them in context and using the illustrations to help she was able to figure them out.These books are great companion pieces since the second one introduces new animals and actions. The cow and duck are the only recurring characters and we were happy to see them again. We will be reading these often and have already shared them with the baby boy. He may be too young to understand the story but reading together is a wonderful bonding experience. We look forward to snuggling up with future books in this series.Thank you to the author for an autographed copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card