Wrighty's Reads

Allison Hewitt Is Trapped: A Zombie Novel

Allison Hewitt Is Trapped - Madeleine Roux My apologies to Goodreads I thought I posted my review for this ARC win a long time ago.I have become a fan of the zombie and dystopian novels and am always curious to see how different they can be. This was an original concept as Allison is blogging during the Apocalypse. When zombies suddenly attack the bookstore where she works, she and coworkers lock themselves in the storeroom. They have supplies to survive and are able to maintain contact with others who are in the same situation. While the end of the world as we know it brings about the usually chaos and destruction this story also describes the agony of sharing close quarters with people you don't like, no deodorant and no working plumbing. Which is worse? As the danger increases the group must relocate and make some tough decisions.The short chapters and blog posts add to the drama. Allison is not an ordinary hero but she is a survivor and with an ax in hand she will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. Sharp and witty, this is an interesting debut. I look forward to more from this author.Thank you to Goodreads for an ARC of this book.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card