Wrighty's Reads

Horten's Incredible Illusions: Magic, Mystery & Another Very Strange Adventure (Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms)

Horten's Incredible Illusions: Magic, Mystery & Another Very Strange Adventure - Lissa Evans This sequel was another delightful journey into the magical world of Stuart Horten. I was so impressed with the first book and was thrilled to see the creativity continued here. In Stuart's previous adventure he was able to discover the location of his late uncle's magic tricks but now he is trying to uncover how they work and where the will is hidden. His neighbor and friend, April, is again his loyal sidekick. And he is lucky to have her because he cannot solve these mysteries alone. The puzzles are complicated and dangerous. Stuart has more to learn but more to lose. As Stuart becomes more acquainted with his new home the reader also discovers more about his new surroundings. All of the characters are quirky and interesting. Stuart's parents are a bit odd but loving. The triplets are very odd but much more likeable and involved in this book. And of course, every adventure needs a villian! This one has a few and they keep our heroes on their toes. The mysterious magic tricks are another character all by themselves. With names like the Cabinet of Blood, the Reappearing Rose Bower and the Book of Peril the reader knows that Stuart and friends have a rough journey ahead. Filled with action, intrigue and more danger than the first book, this story is sure to challenge the mind of young readers and provide entertainment for all ages. I truly hope this charming series continues! Thank you to Sterling Publishing for an ARC to review.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card