Wrighty's Reads

The Time Keeper

The Time Keeper - Mitch Albom I've read and enjoyed Mitch Albom's past books. I find them unusual but charming and this one was no exception. While the theme is not unusual, about making the most of the time you have, the concept was unique. The three main characters and their journeys were extremely different - a man "sentenced" to be Father Time, a terminally ill, wealthy man and a lonely, teenage girl. Each of them longed for a different use of time and didn't appreciate all that had already been given to them. They weren't even very likable in the beginning but they each evolved into better people. Chapters alternated between characters until their lives intertwined. I wasn't sure how it would be done but the author was able to connect them all in an interesting way and tie up loose ends.The chapters were short and a bit choppy but easy to read. With a storyline much like a fable, it delivered an emotional message about the value of the time. It was interesting to see if the characters, as well as the readers, learned their lessons. Fans of this author are likely to enjoy this book as well.Thank you to NetGalley for an ebook to review.

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card