Wrighty's Reads

I'll Take What She Has - Samantha Wilde

This was an interesting take on two women's complicated lives. Nora and Annie have been life-long friends with a relationship they seem to take for granted. When another women threatens their friendship, loyalties are tested. Nora and Annie must confront their true feelings and take responsibility for their actions.

The overall story was enjoyable and an easy read. The characters made some unusual and interesting life choices but they became quite annoying and whiny. That did lend well though to the theme and the complexity of friendships, especially among women. Jealousy and envy were huge stumbling blocks for Nora and Annie which was understandable. What was frustrating was that these characters didn't talk to each other about their problems. They could have saved so much time and energy if they had been honest with each other. Of course real life isn't that simple and that would have led to a much shorter book.

I did like the writing and sense of humor even when I didn't like the characters and their often dumb decisions. I look forward to trying future books from this author.

Author
Publisher
Thank you to LibraryThing Early Reviewers for a copy in exchange for my honest review.

Source: http://wrightysreads.blogspot.com/2013/07/review-ill-take-what-she-has-by.html

Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
Karen Foxlee
Pathfinder (Jimmy Coates, #1)
Orson Scott Card